Friday, July 27, 2012




I haven't kept up daily, because it's the same thing - sciatic nerve pain through my leg all nite, and wake up with a stiff achy leg in the morning, looming races on the calendar that i cannot run to train for!!!
I have been sticking to my training schedule although - lightly. Trading cycling and spinning and walking for the running, but still doing the minutes on training days.

But i am still going to do this. The Timpanogas Half is tomorrow, and they increased the cutoff deadline to a time that is a 16 minute pace, Yay! that is at the 7.5 mile mark and i feel i can do this.
Sunday was a 10 mile run/walk. I did a bit more running than on previous long runs, increasing my running intervals to 2 minutes for all of it except the return home which is 2 miles up an incline.
Also calve cramps set in at mile 7 AGAIN!! 
On every longer distance my calves start getting cramps at mile 7. I have been hydrating alot, adding gatorade for electrolytes, added sweet potatoes, and i eat bananas every day. Lots of stretching too.
My doctor did comment that he thinks the cramps start from my sciatic issue, so there's not much i can do for this except the sciatic exercises. Which i do.

I need to leave my house by 3:30am to meet the buses that transport to the start line. I am worried, as always, about GI issues. So i will have to get UP at 1:30, have coffee and hope for the best. I will eat a banana and half a pnut butter topped bagel probably on the drive down there. And hope there are lots of restrooms and really hoping that my calves don't cramp up too bad.
It should be beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment