Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I BAILED on my 1/2 marathon. I did get up at 1:45am, after getting only about 20 minutes sleep, thanks to my neighbors who had a late fireworks party, so i got up, and HOBBLEd to the kitchen and had a cup of coffee, limped back upstairs, stretched out my leg slowly, showered and dressed and could not get that sciatic pain to subside!! I feel soooo defeated about this. But the Olympics are on during this time and NiKE got a commercial that just touches you to the core - finally, they just nailed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsXRj89cWa0&feature=player_embedded

So Sunday, i walked the 7.5 on my marathon training plan - 16:10 pace
Tuesday, a good treadmill run - walked .25, ran a mile, walked 4 min, ran another mile, walked 3 min, and ran another mile - 3 independent miles of all running - 3.5 today in 46 min.

Then today - ta daaaaaah! I feel very good about this. 4 miles - 46 minutes - NO WALKING!!!
With a little reminder from a dailymile friend - Michelle from Georgia - i also did a COLD bath afterwards. She recommended ice bath, but here in Utah, remember our tap water is melted snow pack, so i think that is cold enough.
But i feel good about this, and will try to stay on this journey to Find My Greatness!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you did not let missing the half keep you down. i was worried. sounds like you may be on the road to recovery and movement.. be sure to keep the cold water bath up. i have heard that also.. that is what they are telling me about my shoulder to keep it iced when it hurts. and i think it is similar to your knee issues...
    so proud of you!!!!! remember "being defeated is only a temporary condition giving up is what makes it permanent".. running world kick in the butt....
    i really am proud of you hang in there and dont let things get you down, keep bouncing back!
    love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job hanging in there! I'm slowly trying to fight my way back to regular running--it's not easy! You're doing great. Don't forget the joy of just doing it! Sometimes I think we get so caught up in our "goals" that we miss the joy!! Sending happy running thoughts your way!! Lori

    ReplyDelete