Sunday, May 20, 2012

Today was officially Week 1 Day 1 of marathon training!!! 4 miles
I was over anxious and did intervals the first 2 miles: walking 3 minutes/running 1 minute for the first mile, then walking 4 minutes/ running 1 minute for the next mile. That caused a definite pain in my right leg. So i walked miles 3 and 4, with just 2 - 30 second running efforts mixed in somewhere.
My leg is not happy. I have stretched, foam rolled, and iced it  and it is still very tender and achey.
The rest of this week i will just walk my schedule - that was supposed to be my plan anyway for now - and see where that gets me by next Sunday.
My time - first 2.1 miles - 30 minutes. Second 2 miles - 36 minutes, but that also included a stop and short chat with a neighbor (3-4 minutes)

1 comment:

  1. ok.. what happened to WALKING!!!! the first few weeks!!! hello!!! you knew this wasnt your plan!! :) :)
    STICK to your plan and you will do great.. dont try to push your poor leg!
    good job to get your miles in.. please be careful of your leg! xoxo

    ReplyDelete