Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Start of My Journey...


This is my goal ~ The St George Marathon, October 6th 2012.
This will be my first marathon, just 5 days before I turn 55. I am mot consistent in keeping a journal, but i spend more time than I should on the internet. So I am going to blog my journey, hopefully learn from it and share the adventure with any one else who is contemplating starting a similar journey.

Tonite officially started the first step with a beginning weigh in and evaluation at West Jordan's Biggest Loser competition. They checked our blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose along with weight, body fat %, metabolic rate, fat mass, etc. The most shocking was my % of body fat - Holy Cow!!

The summary is.... I have A LOT of work to do!!
I do run now, not a lot and not fast, but i have finished a number of 5k's, one 10k, and the Disneyland Half Marathon.
I have run in the Huntsman World Senior Games every year since i turned 50 five years ago.
So i am not really starting from square 1, but i have a long road to travel. I am starting my running this
year with a 5 miler at Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane Utah in February,
a 10k in St George in March, and the Salt Lake 1/2 marathon in April.

I am optimistic about the year ahead!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. I admire your determination to do a marathon!! I willstick to my 5K's and 10K's this year, but I am right there with you in spirit.
    This blog is a wonderful idea, I will check it daily, so you better keep up!!
    Best of luck with this

    ReplyDelete