Sunday, March 4, 2012

I was intending on going to the track to run 7 today. Wanting to keep with my chiropractor's advice of running on a level surface and be outside in warmish weather. But life had different plans today. My daughter-in-law asked if i could babysit for the afternoon while she worked. And the temps early in the day were still in the low 30's. I just could not bring myself to get out early to the track, so i opted to run this on my treadmill. Long Miles for a treadmill!
It ended up being a good choice, as i needed a bathroom break at mile 1.5, and i also was able to keep a steady slow pace. 7.25 miles in 91 minutes - 12:34 pace. Only one walking break at mile 5.8 for 75 seconds to drink some bottled water. I cannot drink while running and swallow while gasping. So i always slow to a walk while drinking during runs, and it adds a short break so it's fine.
I have lost my running motivation lately. My confidence that i can actually run outside, Life has been throwing stressful buckets at me, and it is affecting me not just emotionally, but physically too.
I am trying hard to get stronger as a runner, and hoping that will help me also become stronger as a person.
13 days to my 10k in St George, and while nervous, i am also getting excited about going out of town without anything to do but have a nice and enjoyable run down in Snow Canyon!

2 comments:

  1. how can you say you have lost your motivation as you complete 1/4 more than you planned and your plan was 7! that is awesome running!!! great timing!! tm running is not the end of the world.. boring somewhat, well maybe, but it is still running.. you are just going thru the winter blues.. hang in there.. at least you didnt have a tornado rip thru your house!!! you have a lot to be thankful for, at least you are able to run. the dr didnt say you couldnt run outside, just that it was better not to for now! you are going to do great!! i cant wait for the 10k.. i have one around a lake the same day. so we will both be in beautiful areas running with smiles on our faces, while we gasp for breath!! haha.. hang in there you are doing awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete