Sunday, March 25, 2012

Today was a long run day. My Half Marathon training by John Bingham only said 6 miles, but the other plan i have said 9 for today. I went with the 9.
I wanted to practice down hill and knew i had to finish uphill with that plan. So i ran 4.4 around my neighborhood, then went downhill. The down hill was .5 to the road, and 2 miles down the road, then turn around and come back up.
Except for the 2 miles downhill, i kept to a 4/1 run/walk interval. The run ended up being 9.5 and my time was 2 hours. that was about a 12:36 pace. Hopefully my marathon pace in October.
The St George Marathon has a descent for the first 7 miles and then an incline for 4 miles and then is basically a descent for the next 15 miles. I am hoping if i practice finishing with an uphill for a couple miles at the end of my long runs once a month, i will be prepared for the course.
YIKES!

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome run! that is wonderful. good pace for that many miles and doing uphill is a great idea. i am glad that for most of the marathon it would be downhill.. you will need to practice going down hill too because it is different muscles! be careful with those! so proud of you for accomplishing your miles! i was just going to do 4.5 and see how i felt then maybe do 6... HA joke on me.. i barely finished 3!! then said quit!! haha oh well.. no big race in the near future. next 5k is april 14. i really want my speed to be up a little by then. i am working on longer distances with out stopping. hopefully i can gain some distance this week.
    you are doing awesome.. keep going!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Your pace has been increasing alot so you should keep up with your workouts, they are working!!

      Delete