Sunday, February 12, 2012

All week the weather has been a bit warmer than normal, so i wake up today on my non-work/long run day, and yep, cold and drizzly. I could probably handle cold, I have even run in drizzly, but the combo with the cold being in the 30's, was too much to get me out of my warm bed.

So, a cup of coffee and peanut butter toast later, i opted for the Treadmill because i needed a 5 mile run today. Hallelujah, I did 6.1, but at a snails pace, 73 minutes, 20 seconds, which is a 12:01 pace.
I keep telling myself that a 12:00 minute pace for my half is being Over Optimistic, but on runs 6 and under it feels slow. I did allow myself 3 one minute walking breaks, one at 2.5 miles, one a 5 miles, and one at 6 miles. I need to find the right pace for my half, before it gets here in April!!

The miles for this week are done!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB!!!! you got your miles in! i am so proud of you. remember walking breaks are good! you need them. that is not a bad pace at all. you are doing awesome. i know you will kick hiney in your half!! keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete