Sunday, February 19, 2012

This started out with the intent of being an easy 2 mile run, but things turned out differently when i some how got Lost!!!
Started out with an easy walk with my husband for 1/2 a mile then he returned to the hotel and i started off on my run. The air was chilly, so chilly that my legs were numb in my shorts and my hands got numb also.
I was slowly running along and realized that somehow i had turned off the road my hotel was on. I have been in this exact area and gone running a number of times, and it really is pretty hard to veer off the main road, but i managed!! So i kept running at a comfortable pace and at 1 1/2 miles i realized where i was and turned onto the main road again and walked 1/2 mile until i found a restroom. Then i ran the remainder back to the hotel. It actually really felt great to get this cold morning miles run in!
Total miles - 4 including the warmup 1/2.
Total time - 47 minutes, including the warm up time.
I think i run faster in this lower elevation.

1 comment:

  1. that is too funny! but great run! maybe it was your mind/body's way of saying.. come on lets go! altitude makes a huge difference!!
    good job

    ReplyDelete