Sunday, April 15, 2012

Got up very early to get this last long run in before my half on Saturday.
Up at 5:00 am to drink a cup of coffee, and part of a banana to get my system going and done to get out by 7:00.
Out the door by 6:50, to a half cloudy, half clear sky, chilly and quiet 41 degrees. 41 is usually not that chilly, but with the cloud cover I was comfortable in capri tights and a warm tech shirt, the kind with the soft fuzzy inside next to your skin.
The run ended up being 6.5 miles in 1:12 minutes. I attached my Galloway timer today, setting it for 4/1 run/walk ratios. For having some walking breaks, i was happy with my pace. I also noticed that having 2 days off running or walking, and very little spinning, made this a bit achy of a run.
The only problem with my Galloway timer, was finding a place to attach it where i could hear or feel it.
On the  bottom of my shirt i could not feel it and missed a couple walking breaks. Attached to the waist band of my shorts, i got confused between whether the 'vibrating' was the timer or my fat jiggling~~!! :)
The best location ended up being the bottom of the long sleeve on my shirt, but on race day i intend on wearing short sleeves, i will get something figured out.

I am posing this on Monday instead of Sunday, when i actually ran and i am watching the Boston Marathon as i type ~ I LOVE watching this race!!!!

1 comment:

  1. nice pace for a long run. glad to see you are trying to get the intervals down... it will make such a difference in the long run... fat vs vibration..??? haha you are too funny :) :)
    boston marathon is just incredible.. i bet none of them ever have to question if it is fat or vibration!! hahahaha.. they are all just bones!!

    ReplyDelete