Sunday, April 1, 2012

Today was supposed to be 11 miles.
Our darling 3 year old grandaughter spent the nite, and  then in the morning i needed to set out to get my miles done..
It was rainy and cold, so i decided to try to get this long run done on the TM.
This is a warning: I am going to whine here.
I waited until my husband had cooked his Sunday Morning Bacon, and started a crockpot of his spaghetti sauce (this is the only sauce he will eat, HE thinks it's the best in the world)
Then, after he was done, he said he would watch the little one while i ran.
SO 1.5 miles into my run, she comes down stairs, and said 'gramma, while do you always to this?'
I told her that granpa would play with her for a while. And she replied - he left!!!
I couldn't believe it!!!
I was soooo frustrated and this made me want to throw in the towel!
I got off and spent the rest of the day pouting.
I later told my sister, that i should probably postpone my marathon plans for another year.
I am 40 pounds overweight, and that makes training even harder on me, plus the difficulty getting up in the morning, and having family interference.
She reminded me - If you don't do it this year, you will probably weigh another 40 pounds next year then, and that will be even harder. Her husband told her to tell me that i was putting in the training and i needed to do this for me.
They are right, and i am grateful for their encouragements and support.
Just wish i could get this old tired body out of bed in the mornings ON TIME!

1 comment:

  1. glad to see our encouragement helped!!!
    if you want, i can start calling you in the mornings when i go for my run and then you will get up!!! haha.
    hang in there. i know it is hard. i love you

    ReplyDelete